Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 4


“[The God of Israel] will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.” Jeremiah 31:25

This post will be brief as it was a day filled my feeble attempt at swinging a pick axe on some rock-hard clay and has made my arms and body weary. (Should I mention that I did have a three hour break working on the mural and I’m still tired?)

Yesterday, Steve and I remembered a part of teams past where we had a “prayer chair” that we had forgotten to start this year. This fifteen minute time that rotated throughout the day for each member of the team. It allowed us to specifically pray for our time and service, the people here, and many other things...and it gave a fifteen minute break from manual labor. So Amy set up a schedule and a list of suggested items for us to pray through. That list grew throughout the day.

During one of my prayer times today, I could hear the laughter of the children in P.E. class that our team held in the comedor. It reminded me of a statement Robb Wells once made back in 2008 before any children were running around the campus. “When I hear the wind blowing through the trees,” he said, “I can hear the laughter of children.”

Tonight we visited Henry, the accountant for LP, and his beautiful family. He honored us by inviting us to his home for his 38th birthday. He shared how the Lord led him to LP, their heart for orphans, and their dream to hopefully be the next host family for LP. This was a tiring but satisfying day.

1 comment: